Realities of life in 2021 have impacted digital marketing in a big way. The crisis during 2020 were enough to turn the spotlight on the tools and techniques that had played a secondary role for far too long. Moreover, this short period also witnessed the rise of more technologically advanced and innovative marketing approaches. The following tools are finding their way in marketing approaches shaping up 2021:
What has changed:
- Video marketing: Once primarily used as a medium for increasing user understanding, videos are now used to improve search ranking and increase engagement. Video marketing has overtaken the text-based content marketing staple. With both B2C and B2B customers preferring videos over other content types, businesses are changing their tactics and are including more videos in their campaigns.
- User-generated content and livestreaming: People trust user-generated content because they cut through the noise, are credible, and are an ecosystem in itself. The lockdowns have up-shifted the gear for livestream videos, which are convenient and easy to produce, and have multichannel accessibility.
- Google Merchant Centre: Shopping ads on Google function as storefronts and as stores, improving visibility and performance. This provides a perfect platform to improve your online presence and reach out to those people who do shopping related searches on Google’s both paid and unpaid channels.
- Visual and voice search: This, when clubbed with a robust search marketing strategy, will boost website traffic. And if you are an e-commerce brand, then this is the best medium to use. The arrival of visual search and voice assistants has made searching faster than the traditional method of querying. In fact, it is quicker to use a voice search than to go on to a website or use an app. It is also a more accurate and interactive way of performing a search.
The above ways of marketing looked unconventional not long ago, but they are now the digital mainstay for innovative businesses. Including these in your strategy is a given in these times, and it is something that you should confer with your digital marketing company. However, the following continue to rule the roost in the world of digital marketing:
What hasn’t changed:
- SEO: With more people spending time online, SEO continues to be indispensable for marketers. It is still one of the most important activity for businesses to invest their money and time.
- Content: Content marketing gets creative with each passing day. With numerous platforms to choose from and different forms available, content remains the key ingredient for getting people to discover your online presence. Today, businesses are focussing on strategies to utilize content to recover from the pandemic.
- Instagram for B2C & Linkedin for B2B: With more than one billion active users, Instagram remains a viable platform for marketers and businesses alike. What’s more, more than 70 percent of shoppers use it to find new products. It has also become the go-to platform for influencer marketing in 2019 and continues to retain its prime position. In the same way, Linkedin continue to influence the B2B decision making & career opportunities through professional networking.
- Website: Website remains the prime focus in digital marketing efforts & the heart of content for brands & businesses. The experience of users going through a website is considered paramount & strategies are evolving to make website sticky & aiding in conversions. Text / voice chats along with powerful tracking cum CRM tools are aiding in website becoming a indispensable marketing engine.
Every business wants to succeed online—and fast! However, they need to have a clear digital marketing strategy to survive in the competitive online marketplace. Having a digital marketing agency with expertise across channels will help brands to ride through the digital landscape.