Startups and small business owners can reap huge benefits from having a website for their business. Many small business owners hesitate from having a website mainly because they think it calls for huge investment. However, this is not always the case.
If having an online website for your company occupies the top slot in your priorities list, then you might want check out these website building tools.
Wix is a true DIY kind of website builder that helps design near-professional, interactive and highly advanced websites without requiring even a single code!
- The design templates – offered by Wix manages to cover almost every industry and market there is – from small businesses, restaurants, portfolios and more.
- Almost perfectly suited for small business owners, Wix is easily customizable, comes with a mobile version, offers free hosting, and an app market to boot.
- Additionally, it offers a unique video background; helps upload audio and video files to site.It offers close to 500 odd super-creative design templates.
- One of the major priorities for small to medium scale businesses is to have a social say in the market. Wix helps business owners be socially relevant by helping them add social buttons, Facebook App and also a customizable blog.
- Even if the drag and drop feature is a tad bit difficult for you, then their ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) will surely make it worth your while. WixADI designs a professional looking website without hassles. However, you can make any number of changes to the initial design version of the site – meaning you still hold the creative reins here!
- Additionally, it also gives its users the ability to alter or edit their mobile sites separately from the desktop site.
- Finally the pricing – Wix is perfect for small time business owners and startups that are not too keen on investing in a high-profile designer for their websites. Wix is free to try; however, you have the option of upgrading to premium packages with monthly/yearly payment plans. Click here to know more about their premium plans.
Wix also has its own set of cons to deal with. Although it is perfect for business owners it still doesn’t allow them to switch to another design template without starting everything from scratch. And, Wix seems to be unable to cope with heavy-duty ecommerce needs.
Squarespace is another drag and drop website builder that makes it extremely easy for novice business owners to build an expensive-looking website. Squarespace, since its launch, has been focusing on providing users with top-notch visually attractive templates along with the ability to fine-tune design.
- Squarespace offers some of the best looking templates out there: check out here. From super-sophisticated sleek and minimalistic look to an image rich designer template, Squarespace gives users a number of options to choose from.
- It provides single parallax page layout themes called Cover Pages that are perfect for startups and small scale business owners. Moreover, it comes with a number of editing, styling and customizing options to boot.
- Squarespace templates work great even on mobile devices. The content, images and other materials get resized automatically making it easier for users to enjoy your websites on their mobile devices.
- Squarespace is also a great online ecommerce site builder – perfect for startups and small stores. It comes with a great inventory management system, offers multiple shipping and payment methods, and also provides customizable emails.
- For small businesses, having an SEO enabled website and hosting options matters a lot. Squarespace offers SEO help, automatically creates a sitemap for your site, and also real-time data analysis about your site’s performance.
- Squarespace has an impeccable customer support forum that is at your beck and call 24/7.
Well, the cons of Squarespace is that, although, it offers free trial period of 14 days, you have to sign up to monthly or an annual subscription plan soon.Here’s more information on their pricing structure. And, the preview options are next to non-existent.
- Webydo offers code free website creating platform for both fresh and experienced designers. Business owners trying their hand at creating their own sites can enjoy an array of tools, features, video tools,editing capabilities, guides and social icons and blogs. Click here to know more details about their themes.
- Let’s be clear – although Webydo is a great ‘drag and drop’ website builder, using it -with all its features – is easy for someone who has a bit of Photoshop experience. However, if you are truly a beginner, then the learning curve might be a bit steep for you.
- Webydo comes with a set of readymade themes as well as blank canvas layouts available to help you start from scratch.
- Once the theme is selected, it is all quite simple from then. Keep adding pages, photos, videos and blog content to your site. You can also upload custom fonts unlike other free website builders.
- Your desktop website can be made into a mobile friendly one with a few tweaks here and there.
- Webydo is SEO friendly – gives you the opportunity to handle SEO, integrate Google Analytics, offers real-time site information, Webmaster tools and more.
- Businesses can try Webydo free plan initially and then move to their more pricey plans to meet their business needs. Every plan comes with a free trial period to help you get hands on experience using your site. To Know more Click Here. And it helps you better understand how your site actually looks.
Some of the issues businesses have to deal with while using Webydo is that it might take them some quality time learning how things work here. This website builder is just not cut out to meet heavy duty ecommerce site requirements.
The above three tools can help any business owner to create & maintain their own websites. However, still many business owners for lack of time; prefer expert web designers to take care of their requirements. And that is where we come in! Reach out to us – Pixel Studios – and you can have a unique website designed according to your needs and aesthetics. Or simply ask for the popular ‘Hire a Web Designer’ package and see our Web Designer build your website right from scratch – right in front of you.