The client is a B-2-B entity, who is in the business of purveying cement on a large scale from its godowns on large trucks to various mega construction sites. A truck’s journey cannot commence unless it is accompanied by an Invoice, which is a statutory requirement. No trip is deemed commenced unless the invoice is generated and signed by the client personnel and no delivery is deemed complete unless the invoice is countersigned by the client and the invoice generated and submitted to the client upon consignment delivery.
As each truck comes in to the godown for filling, the delivery process commences. This process involves a series of tasks grouped into two phases. Phase 1 includes tasks such as personnel entering the details in Tally, generating the invoice, waiting for the approval, and feeding data again into Tally. Phase 2 typically contains such tasks as the Accounts Team with specialized knowledge in Tally performs including generating the invoice once the consignment reaches the end-user, that is the cement consumption site. All of this resulted in a labyrinth of procedures that overwhelmed the resources and stymied their productivity.
All of these tasks were hitherto being performed manually spanning an average of 6 hours per truck and were highly dependent on employees with in-depth expertise in Tally.
Since no truck can leave the godown without the invoice, which is a statutory requirement for driving trucks with heavy cargo at night, this translated into delayed departures and delayed delivery and fewer trips being realized every day.
The only plausible solution seemed to train everyone in Tally, but it would have meant a minimum of a fortnight’s worth of lost manhours. Given the immediacy of the commodities that the client deals in, it did not prove viable.
Fortunately for him, we could come up with a solution in the form of a stand-alone interface that functions as an integration platform between the invoicing software and Tally in a way that came as a panacea. From triggering the invoice to digitally submitting it for approval to generating an invoice copy in the form of PDF for print for legal compliance to enabling data capture in Tally through to the invoicing phase, ours is a solution that incorporates the ‘all under one roof’ capability.
- Fewer manpower needed for manning the godown operations (only one Point-of-Contact now required as against 7-8 employees earlier).
- The entire invoicing process has gone from being person-dependent to being totally person independent, where even a person with no knowledge in Tally, such as the truck driver, can generate the invoice on the go.
- Hassle-free loading and offloading of cargo (with the entire operation spanning no longer than 10-15 minutes).
- Capability to print the PO or invoice as many times and at as many locations as required.
- Greater number of trips per day.