How to use SEO as a powerful tool for your eCommerce Business
Do you know that the SEO process brings better ROI when compared to all other ways of digital promotions? However, people prefer Social media marketing for a reason as it takes their product/brand to a much wider audience. If you are looking for a brand presence, social media would be the ideal choice. On the other hand, the potential users who are on the verge of becoming your customer can be identified easily with the help of the SEO process. Hence, SEO is an important aspect to boost the sales of your eCommerce website. Setting up the SEO process for an eCommerce website is different and more challenging when compared to a normal business website. A digital agency that has a strong foothold in the Search Engine Optimization process can do wonders for your eCommerce business in terms of generating leads.
SEO is Autopilot, conditions apply!
As established earlier, the SEO process requires work up front, but once the stage is set and the ranking has been achieved, it is like driving on autopilot mode. However, there needs constant monitoring aligned with the planned strategy for your eCommerce website. Generating frequent backlinks with fresh content in regular intervals based upon the needs has to be carried out. To make this process a tidy one, we have to understand the goal of search engines such as Google. It is to rank the available search results in a way so that answers all the queries of the users. To achieve this feat and to get populated on the first page of those search results, there are some key points.
Since it is an eCommerce website, displays the pitch-perfect answers to a wider range of queries covering the ‘topic in question’. To cater to that, use high-quality relevant images, videos, or any other multimedia examples as a backup to your text. Another important aspect is to provide a high-quality user experience for the visitors who came in via the Google search results. A faster loading site providing a mobile-friendly experience with a lesser chaotic interface can make the people talk about your brand.
What is SEO for eCommerce?
The SEO process for an eCommerce site stands slightly different from normal websites. Here we have to harness different features of Google to display the answers. For example, Google Snippets will come in handy to drive traffic to your eCommerce website. The product image with the price and the review rating next to it is likely to attract more audiences. Once the rating is achieved through eCommerce seo services, it is all in the hands of the content and the quality of your website is converting that lead as your customer.
Unlike the regular SEO process carried out solely for the purpose of visibility, here it has to trigger the sales. For eCommerce SEO, identifying the right keywords is the main ingredient for success. To achieve this feat, a digital agency analyzes your industry and charts out your competitors who are performing well with their eCommerce website. This competitor analysis along coupled with your product positioning churns out results that will boost your sales. Apart from the competitor analysis, there are also several tools like Ahrefs, KWFinder, UberSuggest, Google Trends: SEO checker, Google AdWords Keyword Planner to find the right keyword for your business.
Apart from this here are some key points to understand while doing the SEO process for your eCommerce website.
Tips to make SEO work for your eCommerce business
– The signs here are subtle and the process is long-term when compared to regular websites. Patience is the key to make your eCommerce website top the charts in Google search results.
– Google is slowly moving towards a mobile-first index for all eCommerce sites, hence it is important for your website to get optimized for mobiles. It is also important for the visitor experience.
– Even though the mobile traffic is vast, potential conversions happen mainly on desktops. When it comes to online payments and net banking, people still prefer desktops over smartphones. Only for UPI and digital wallet transactions, mobiles are used. And understand that when it comes to product viewing, people still prefer the larger displays on desktops rather than the tiny mobile screens. Hence proper weightage should be given to both the desktop and mobile screens.
– Influencer marketing works big time for the SEO process involving eCommerce websites. Recommendations, backlinks to your website provided by influencer blogs and websites generate rich organic and potential traffic for your business. For example, if you are selling makeup and self-care products for women, we identify potential women bloggers with more followers related to your products. An SEO digital agency like us can help in striking a deal with them to generate backlinks for your website. This will work like magic.
– Add/remove products to your website often. Even though there are no updates related to the product, once in a while change the content in the key areas based on current trends. Feeding/updating fresh content on your site helps Google to understand that you are on top when it comes to doing active business and also to underline the fact that you are very much aligned with the current trends.
– Once the right keywords are identified through competitor watch and various other processes, it is important to improve the positioning. From the never clicked pages of the search results to the first page where the clicking really happens, there is a long road we have to take.
– To increase the sales happening in the eCommerce site, it is important to increase the overall traffic of your site. For this along with ecom seo services, Social Media Marketing (SMO) works big time. More users into the funnel, the more the conversion rate. This, in turn, improves the sales drastically.
– Apart from Google Analytics and Google Search Console, there are several tools to do SEO analysis. Google Structured Data Testing Tool, Google My Business, Hubspot Website Grader, SEMRush, Woorank, SEO Quake are to name a few.
At Pixel Studios, we help your eCommerce business to intake larger queries through the Search Engine Optimization process. Our dedicated team well-versed with the inside and out of this process can help your business grow better.